[SGVLUG] help promote our user group! we need more people!

Miguel Tek migtek at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 23:29:43 PDT 2007

Howdy folks,
First off, I'd like to say "Hi" to everyone as I just joined the list & am
looking forward to attending the first meeting.

As far as garnering more interest in attendees, I've got a couple ideas.
Everyone's got blogs these days & I'm sure most of you do as well. Maybe
writing up a small bit about it would, at least, expose more folks to this.
The same could be used for the myriad of social networking sites out there-
myspace, gather, friendster, linkedIn, etc.

Also, what about emailing your friends about it? I know, personally, the
majority of my friends are non-techies but they might know a friend of a
friend, etc. As someone who's an avid believer in open-source & Linux, I
tell lots of friends about it, blog about & the like in an effort to at
least open people's eyes to the fact they have options they're not even
aware of.

Since I've yet to meet you folks, I hope this doesn't come off as "who's
this new guy trying to talk to?"

Cya folks next Thursday,
--miguel