[SGVLUG] videos..

Emerson, Tom (*IC) Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Fri Jul 20 14:19:19 PDT 2007

> -----Original Message----- Of matti
>
> hmmm.. this maybe something tom would like to
> launch his rockets remotely...
>
> http://www.metacafe.com/watch/692380/make_a_firework_launcher/

Actually, no, for several reasons (getting a cold-call from someone who
ignores the do-not-call list while attaching the leads would really
suck...)  However the basic idea of electrically igniting devices "from
a safe distance" is the norm in both the fireworks and hobby rocketry
industry anyway...

> blue tooth cell phone keyless entry trick..
> http://www.metacafe.com/watch/422747/cell_phone_keyless_entry/

I didn't have the audio on when I watched this, so I missed any
narrative -- nice enough idea, but then an RFID would be just as
effective (and probably a bit cheaper)-- besides, what do you do when
the cell phone battery dies?

> omg.. these guys have a LOT of videos..
> http://www.metacafe.com/watch/703461/100_000_mini_explosions/

Don't let the BATF see this video -- oh, wait, it's too late...

Even I'll admit this really isn't suitable for discussion here (unless
you want to take up the "political" side of the invasion of privacy and
subsequent losses of freedoms whenever "some gummit' bureau" gets a wild
hair up where the sun don't shine...)

(translation: we bitch about the rules and regs placed upon us because
of idiocy by folks only marginally connected to the hobby, and yet
"common ordinary everyday items" are often proven to be far more
dangerous than our motors...)  [draino + aluminum, dry-ice + 2-liter
bottle, that can of gas you keep in the garage to fuel your lawn
mower...]