[SGVLUG] where did the meeting announcement go?

Claude Felizardo cafelizardo at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 14:11:33 PDT 2007

On 8/10/07, Emerson, Tom (*IC) <Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com> wrote:
> > -----Original Message----- Of Claude Felizardo
> >
> > I wanted to send phil's x509/ssl link to a coworker and went
> > to the sgvlug website but can't find last night's meeting
> > announcement.  The Archive on the right only shows up to
> > April.  Can't find it anywhere. Is there a way to have the
> > meeting announcements saved to a common area?
>
> The tool we're using to manage the site has start and end dates for
> "articles", and I usually set the "end" date to be the Friday after the
> meeting (so, actually, I would have expected it to remain visible
> /today/ -- knowing this, I'll start setting the end date to be Saturday
> or Sunday...)  Unfortunately, moving an article from
> "unpublished-after-end-date" to "archived" is a manual process, which I
> get around to (approximately) whenever I get new content

I think it's quite useful to have the meeting announcements up for at
least several days so what about setting the expiration date like a
month after the date.  Hopefully we'll have something else lined up by
then and it also shows that we did have something previously.
Plus i think it would increase the number of hits on the website.

In fact, i just tried a google search on "phil ssl sgvlug" and the
first hit was the old article but when you click on the link you get
an error saying you need to log in.  the google cache still shows the
old text.

So with that in mind.  Is it possible to just leave the unpublished
date open or way way in the future and configure the home page to only
show the recent articles?

claude