[SGVLUG] where did the meeting announcement go?

Emerson, Tom (*IC) Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Fri Aug 10 14:25:44 PDT 2007

> -----Original Message----- Of Claude Felizardo
> On 8/10/07, Emerson, Tom (*IC) <Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com> wrote:
> >
> > The tool we're using to manage the site has start and end dates for
> > "articles", and I usually set the "end" date to be the Friday after
> > the meeting [...]
>
> I think it's quite useful to have the meeting announcements
> up for at least several days so what about setting the
> expiration date like a month after the date.  [...]

Nobody has voiced an opinion so far, so now that you have, I don't see a
problem changing the way I set the expiration.

> In fact, i just tried a google search on "phil ssl sgvlug"
> and the first hit was the old article but when you click on
> the link you get an error saying you need to log in.  the
> google cache still shows the old text.

That's due to a bug in the specific version of the tool we're using --
it (presumably) has been fixed, but updating our site to the
newest/current version is something that takes effort and coordination,
not to mention Michael's blessing [it's his box, so he sets the
rules...]

> So with that in mind.  Is it possible to just leave the
> unpublished date open or way way in the future and configure
> the home page to only show the recent articles?

This might be a "new feature" of the latest version as well [keep
published, but remove from front page after ### days], but currently the
only way to manage if/when it drops off the front page is either (a)
manually, or (b) provide enough NEW content that it gets pushed off the
bottom...