[SGVLUG] Asterisk

Don Saxton dsaxton at pacbell.net
Sat Sep 30 09:53:15 PDT 2006

Got sip working (it was problem on other end). Looking at spa941 ($130
which is at least 2600 att minutes). Will try voxee and gizmo which is
slightly cheaper. Incoming can be direct to my pbx. I expect to be in
the market for DID, so will start with gizmo dial in.  Don't know
anything about qos measurement or control. The largest office I know of
has 7 phones. What are CBQ an HTB?

I would like to add a iax or sip client to my smartphone as a second to
last node on my followme. Last being the cell phone itself. Installed
microsoft portrait, but haven't yet got a msn acct (I am real
resistant). It acts flakey and pops up without being asked. I am hoping
that truphone or somebody will soon have an alternative. There are
several for pocket pc and symbian.  Good niche for a java phone, but
only promises yet.

Good to know there is a asterisk presence here.