[SGVLUG] Vote stealing

Zack, James JZack at unex.ucla.edu
Mon Sep 18 21:23:41 PDT 2006

If I vote, and I get a printed slip that says the wrong candidates name on it, I am going to bark about election fraud long before my ballot is stuffed into the box!  It would work like this...

Step 1 - Vote electronically, when finished, a paper ballot spits outs that has the candidates name clearly printed on it
Step 2 - Voter visually confirms that is who they voted for before depositing into the ballot box
Step 3 - Put ballot in ballot box

I can't see where there can be fraud with that.  Tabulation could be done via the computers and use the paper ballots as backup or hand tabulate them afterwards as confirmation.