[SGVLUG] SGVLUG plan for 2007.

Jason Riker jasonrkr at verizon.net
Thu Nov 23 18:38:49 PST 2006

Hi Group!

I'm trying to think of things we can do for next year's SGVLUG to
increase both attendance and participation.  One idea I came up with is
a "Linux from the Ground Up" series.

This series would present introductory level Linux topics, like bash,
Apache configuration, user control (ACLs), KDE/Gnome/Xfce, etc...  To do
this we would require some of our current members to present.  In
exchange for your agreeing to present these topics I will go to the
local colleges to recruit new members.  I will go to PCC, Cal Poly
Pomona, Mt. SAC, DeVry, Mt. Sierra, and any others that are relatively
close to pass out fliers, attend their group meetings, or anything else
that will help drum up support.

In order to start I need to get a commitment from three people to
present in February, March, and April of 2007.  Please, please, please
step up and agree to present something.  I'll take any intro level topic
you can do.

If you're interested, but don't want to commit yet, please contact me
off-list.

Thank you all for helping to make 2007 a great year for SGVLUG.

Sincerely,

Jason