[SGVLUG] preparing for Weather presentation

Michael Proctor-Smith mproctor13 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 22:31:23 PST 2006

On 11/8/06, Claude Felizardo <cafelizardo at gmail.com> wrote:
> What's the optimal resolution I should set my laptop to for the
> projector in Downs 107?
>
> Will it do 1280x1024 or just 1kx768?

My laptop is only 1024x786(that is the native lcd resolution), That
always works and is completely on the projector people have used
higher but tend to have stuff off the screen.

> Is it possible to put a copy of my presentation on the sgvlug website
> prior to the meeting and if so, any preferred format?  I see that
> Solomon's MySQL replication notes are available via ODT format but
> that isn't always supported by all browsers.  Would an html export be
> better?

Depends on the program you are using are you doing slides like with
open office. I like to export them as flash and put them along side
the video(if that happens). If it is open office go ahead and email
the project file to me offlist and I will get them up with the meeting
video(hopefully).