[SGVLUG] weather presentation feedback and slides

Claude Felizardo cafelizardo at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 12:35:10 PST 2006

Got a few requests for a copy of my presentation and video.  Are any
of those available online?  I gave a copy to Tom last night but he
didn't have write access to a particular area on the website.  I
looked at the website this morning and didn't see anything. In fact,
the announcement for last night is now gone and there's no entry for
November in the archives.

Mike let me know if you still want me to send it to you.

Actually, what format do people prefer?  ODT doesn't just
automatically work on windoze and Mike suggested flash but I prefer
HTML since it will just work everywhere.

>From some of the questions last night, it sounded like I wasn't clear
in what's running where.  I'm using OWW on Linux to do all of the
monitoring, data logging and uploading.  RRDTool is used to store all
of the data and to generate the graphs.  I'm still updating my
original MySQL database and while it only has temperature
measurements, it goes back to 2001-11-29 with a tad over 1 million
data points using about 28 MB.

I thought of showing my config files and graphing scripts but wanted
to keep things at a high level to just show what's possible.  If
anyone wants more detail let me know.

Anyway, please give me feedback on the presentation.  Either off or on
list if you think others can benefit by your comments.   One thing I
will say is that I was glad I had made prior screenshots of most of
the plots and GUIs in case the network wasn't available such as when
the wireless died during the presentation.

claude