[SGVLUG] If not static - then possible grounding or miswired power button

Robert Leyva mrflash818 at geophile.net
Tue Dec 26 11:07:41 PST 2006

Another thought:

Many motherboards understand the power off as a +5v on the power input
pin, which is a button or switch on the front of the system.

You may have to switch the  connection on the motherboard so the polarity
is changed. Another idea would be to use two screws and a piece of wire to
ground the "main" case to the "front" case, and see if that helps, as you
would then be effectively grounding both parts together.

--
"Knowledge is Power" -- Francis Bacon

Robert Leyva
mrflash818 at geophile.net