[SGVLUG] Web Archive Voting Results.

Michael Proctor-Smith mproctor13 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 12:34:32 PDT 2005

On 9/19/05, Hershel Remer <unixrabbi at rabbs.com> wrote:
> Ah, but if we only count the actual votes of those who bothered to vote, and
> we combine the votes for "no archive" with those of "members only", the total
> is far more than just 3.5%.  ;)
>

> Sorry for the leaving those words out the first time. :)

I knew what you meant, it is 47% of the people that voted in an
election where I told them they did not have to vote if they wanted it
to stay the same. So even judged unfairly the 86% of voters what a web
archive. 33% of total votes what it to be private, and 53% want it to
be public. Also so that you know I counted two people who said ether
public(with conditions which I will look at implementing, they were
about being protected from spam) or private as private.

The fact is that 96.5% of member don't care (most likely) or want it
to be public. I can not see how you can argue that the results are
clearly that the group wants there to be web archive, and that most of
them want it to be public.