[SGVLUG] archives??? since when?

Hershel Remer unixrabbi at rabbs.com
Thu Sep 8 16:04:57 PDT 2005

BS"D

Our friend Dustin writes:

> Well, if you want to be technical about it, the memo only went out to the
> secret SGVLUG .cabal group, along with the note about putting that
> suspicious "Rabbs" character under electronic surveillance in case he's
> secretly plotting to force us all to use Slowaris or something. :-)

Nah, we have Matt doing that for us. Why else do you think I sent him in
tonight?  ;-)

> ... anything sent to an open mailing list like this should be regarded
> as totally public anyway.  You never know who the messages are going to.

I am fine with anyone joining the list and reading my emails. That was never
my complaint.

>> Ah, but you could do the same thing by using Mutt on your own mailbox or
>> even
>> subscribing a gmail or yahoo or hotmail account to the list.
>
> Not at all.  One of the most important uses of an archive is for newcomers
> to search for things that have already been discussed.  That only works if
> the entire archive is available, since otherwise you won't have anything
> archived.

Well, there's no time like to the present to start building your own archive
with whatever falls into your mailbox starting from when you join. :-)

Rabbs is chasing [my] CSI !!

-- the unixrabbi

Have you got a question about sex? Wondering about unix? or just curious why
the Jews were chosen and the rest of you Gentiles were not? Well, why not get
your answers from the Rabbi Rabbs himself at:
http://www.thedingdongshow.com/messageboard/viewforum.php?f=7 .