[SGVLUG] looking for a rack-mount case -- anyone got one gathering dust?

mmca at 2531.org mmca at 2531.org
Sun Oct 9 11:11:13 PDT 2005

On  2 Oct, Tom Emerson wrote:
<snip>
> though I may actually consolidate them to a
> single server if I can put all the "functionality" into a single box.
>
>   -- one is the firewall, so this will need two [or three] NIC's [have them]
>   -- one is a general file server
>   -- one has a DLT tape drive I've been meaning to put into "regular" use for
> backups [in fact, I think I have an old copy of arkiea on it from when it was
> bundled with redhat 6 or so...]

Do you really want your fileserver and your firewall on the same box?

Also I concur with the ACP swapmeet, the same guys who sell those
crazy window in the side neon cases, also carry nice 2u, 4u and 6u
cases.  I got two of them the show 4 months ago, 4U 1 5.25" exposed,
3 5.25" internal, 3 3" internal.  Good ventalation, decent power
supply. He was asking 100/ea but I got the pair for 150.

Not as solid as the supermicro cases... but also 1/5 the price.

 -M