[SGVLUG] CPU speed scaling

Mike Fedyk mfedyk at mikefedyk.com
Wed Nov 23 15:59:55 PST 2005

Dustin wrote:
> If anyone is using speed scaling, I'd like to know if this is an
> unavoidable consequence of the scaling process itself or some
> misconfiguration of mine.  If the former, I may have to make it so I can
> boot without it when I'm on power.
I used a p4 laptop with speedstep (two speed: 1.6 or 2.8ghz) for a while
with FC4 and didn't notice anything showing in the cpu monitor.  Nice
thing is that it would step up to the fast speed when needed, but would
drain the battery in 15 minutes going at full speed.  Otherwise I'd get
~2 hours on the battery.