[SGVLUG] The Box O' Linux

Claude Felizardo cafelizardo at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 16:13:55 PDT 2005

On 6/29/05, Greg Stark <gstark at electrorent.com> wrote:
> Is there a trick to burning ISO's.  I have downloaded FC4 using bit torrent.
> Triple checked the SHA1SUM values of each ISO.  I burn the CD and verified
> it after the burn.  I validate the CD prior to install and the CD gets a
> PASS.
>
> When I install I get a ERROR: RETRY or CANCEL. Very frustrating!
>
> It's a Sony DVD R/W CD/DVD.
>
> Greg Stark <gstark at electrorent dot com>

Where are you getting this error message?  Is this when you try to
boot with the CD or during the install or what?  How far does the boot
get?

Uhhh, did you create a bootable CD or did you just create a CD with a
single file on it?   What program and options did you use?

Another thing you could do is mount the ISO image and verify it looks
okay.  Can you browse the CD you created and see the various
directories or is it just a single file?