[SGVLUG] Call for webmasters / upcoming presentations

Dustin laurence at alice.caltech.edu
Tue Jun 28 18:38:52 PDT 2005

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005, Claude Felizardo wrote:

> At another website, I used an old version of phpNuke and have looked
> at replacing it with TikiWiki, Mambo and now phpWebSite.  For a side
> by side comparison, you can try the CMS matrix,
> http://cmsmatrix.org/matrix and select various projects and click the
> compare button.

CMS Matrix is great.  I have a few other links along the same lines.  Go

http://www.opensourcecms.com/

to take a hands-on test drive of some CMS systems.  It restricts itself to
PHP/MySQL systems, but is pretty cool.  WebGUI is Perl (I think) based and
so isn't included, but that's OK because it has its own demo site:

http://demo.plainblack.com/

Then there is CMS Find, to locate examples of websites using a particular
engine.  It has no entries for a lot of systems, so maybe it doesn't have
critical mass yet, but enough that it's useful for some CMSes.

http://www.cmsfind.com/

Dustin