[SGVLUG] Call for webmasters / upcoming presentations

Dustin laurence at alice.caltech.edu
Mon Jun 27 16:52:35 PDT 2005

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005, Emerson, Tom wrote:

> OK, it looks like we have a site (under our direct control) and a
> subject or two, so now we need a couple of authors to create a spiffy
> write-up and a couple of people willing to make sure "the site" gets
> updated in a timely manner.
>
> For those that want to be in a primary position for this, is there any
> preference for maintaining the site via some form of content-management
> system or "blogging" software (such as greymatter, moveable type, or
> ???)

Let me suggest looking for a CMS, but one that makes it easy to share the
work among many hands (even those not used to html and the like).  In that
context I've heard good things about WebGUI, though I haven't looked into
it enough to know whether the appearance is pleasing and capabilities
reasonable.  But I've heard it makes it pretty easy to have
non-programmers maintain their own bit.  That would make it easier to
shift little bits of the workload over to whoever was willing to do them.

Dustin