[SGVLUG] Ping

Emerson, Tom Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Mon Jun 20 09:22:37 PDT 2005

> -----Original Message-----
> Behalf Of Dustin
>
> Just a test ping to the list.

so far, so good -- in fact, since this is a "mailman" list rather than "majordomo", I see it includes the ever-helpful [if typically unseen] "list-<whatever>" headers:

Sender: sgvlug-bounces at sgvlug.net

however I see that you have "vorean.sgvlug.org" as the archive server -- did you miss a configuration setting?  [I /DO/ see an archive at www.sgvlug.net/pipermail/sgvlug, so it IS working...]

And while you're making config changes, could you perhaps set the list ID itself to "SGVLUG general discussion list" -- that way it will show up better in address books and is /slightly/ easier to filter out via a procmail script (for users that don't use the [SGVLUG] tag in the "subject")  Actually, just thinking about it, you could even drop the word "general" altogether.

If and when the .org address comes back, I take it you will apply an alias so that either of these addresses may be used?  (and speaking of which, any word from Frank lately?)