[SGVLUG] Box o' Linux

Dustin laurence at alice.caltech.edu
Sun Jun 19 21:14:02 PDT 2005

Looks like we have a list again, guys (note the .net domain instead of
.org).

The Box o' Linux is getting sparse (probably indicates success) and what
remains is getting long in the tooth.  Thanks to all who contributed and
all who grabbed a distro for making it work.

Success means maintenance, and I wasn't around last month to make a pitch
for new disks so I'm doing so now.  Bring a current version of your
favorite distro to exchange for blanks.  Since people have been very
generous with blanks (thanks, guys, it's going to pay off for us now) I'll
also go through the box and have a "fire sale" on the disks that have been
around for a while, which I guess means we're not even asking for blanks
in exchange on those disks.

We certainly ought to have some Knoppix (I'm gonna do some of these
because I have the .iso laying around) and Fedora Core, and maybe some
Debian Sarge in honor of the once-in-a-lifetime "Debian Went Stable!"
event <grin>, plus the installer doesn't even kill kittens anymore.
Though I hear the full distro takes up a fat stack of CDs....

Other suggestions and requests are welcome.

Dustin