[Way OT] Re: [SGVLUG] REMOVE

Emerson, Tom Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Wed Jul 6 18:14:41 PDT 2005

Actually, "out of the box" the list-management software does this, but I nixed that idea [and it's in the archive as to why]

http://www.sgvlug.net/pipermail/sgvlug/2005-June/000006.html
and
http://www.sgvlug.net/pipermail/sgvlug/2005-June/000011.html

Of course, "at the time" there were only a few people loaded in the list, so this discussion wasn't all that widespread.  The other reason I don't like list-supplied-trailers is that you get this situation (taken from a live list):

[...]
> Yahoo! Sports
>
> * To join/leave the list, search archives, change
> list settings, *
> * etc., please visit
> http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html *

> Discover Yahoo!
>  Stay in touch with email, IM, photo sharing & more.
> Check it out!

Yahoo! Sports
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com

(and it only gets worse when someone replies to the digest with a "me too" message)