[SGVLUG] The SGVLUG website -- Mambo-style

Claude Felizardo cafelizardo at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 11:32:46 PDT 2005

On 7/2/05, Tom Emerson <osnut at pacbell.net> wrote:
> [...]

doh!    i posted the next few meetings to today.caltech.edu under the
calendar. i explicitly mentioned sgvlug.net in the announcement since
there's no way that i can find to change the url for our group.  i
sent an email to the today admin but that was late thursday and
caltech had yesterday off though i didn't.   ;(

As for testing various web site packages, i'd prefer to have all
available at the same time so we can go back and check if something
does or does not have a feature and especially how easy it is to use.
Assuming Dustin is still willing and has the time, i think it would be
best to continue to use his system so we have the same
hardware/network configuration for the comparisons.

just noticed that dustin has posted a few more times....   regarding
apache security, you could try requring a user/pwd to access the
directory using .htaccess and .htpasswd.  just place the .htaccess at
the top of each evaluation tree and the .htpasswd where it can't be
reached from the internet.  then post the user/pwd to the mailing list
or only to those on the mailing list that request it.

hmm, maybe we should remove the link to your site from the sgvlug.net
site and just mention that we are evaluating different web apps and
they should join the mailing list if they want to participate.

claude