[SGVLUG] SGV LUG Return To In-Person Results!

Michael Starch starchmd at umich.edu
Tue Jul 27 18:35:32 PDT 2021

All,

Here are the results of our survey to determine if and when we should
return to in-person meetings.

50% of respondents are ready to return in-person now, with another 25%
ready "in the next 3 months".  I take that to mean we should get started
planning a return to in-person meetings.

The rest ~25% are "unsure at this time".

We have 10 people who have indicated some desire to help organize. This
includes:

- 1 person volunteering to be "venue organizer"
- 3 people volunteering to be "MCs at the meeting"
- 2 people volunteering to be "Communications coordinator"

And a handful of maybes.

I recommend we take the next LUG meeting and use it to officially designate
roles and backups.  From there it will be up to the new team to chart a
course to in-person events.  I will follow up with the volunteers directly
based on the email provided.

The following are the suggestions we got 2+ times from the survey w.r.t
returning to in-person:

- Maintain Zoom "hybrid" option
- Initially host outdoors
- Require masks
- Commute/transportation burden

Cheers and what-not,

-Michael

PS sense most people indicated we should use the mailing list for
governance, I am doing so.  I will post on slack too!

PPS SWENG was indicated as something the community desires.  I'll see to it
that the SWENG group is notified.