[SGVLUG] Reminder: SGVLUG meeting on 5/9 - PyCon 2019: A Brief Overview

Lan Dang via SGVLUG sgvlug at sgvlug.net
Wed May 8 21:52:51 PDT 2019

Hi all,
Reminder that we have an SGVLUG meeting this Thursday (which is tomorrow or today) at 7pm.

We will be at our new venue, IHOP, close to the 110 FWY.  Come join us if you're into Python and curious about the talks and takeaways from the recent PyCon in Cleveland.

---TIME: Thursday, May 9th, from 7pm to 9pmLOCATION: IHOP, 880 S Arroyo Pkwy, Pasadena, CATOPIC: PyCon 2019: A Brief OverviewSPEAKER: James Mertz

James Mertz will give a brief overview of PyCon 2019 held in Cleveland, OH. He’ll cover some of the interesting talks, some cool announcements, show off some swag, and more.

About James
James is a Software Assurance Engineerng at Jet Propulsion Laboratory by day and author at RealPython.com by night. In his spare time he also volunteers as a Scout Master for a local Pasadena Scout Troop.

LanPS James is also interested in having his scout troop build the JPL Open Source Rover, so feel free to chat him up about that, as well.