[SGVLUG] Future SGVLUG meetings

Lan Dang via SGVLUG sgvlug at sgvlug.net
Sun May 6 01:14:10 PDT 2018

Hi all,

1) I'm increasingly tired of the mental load of organizing the SGVLUG meetings and am on the verge of complete burnout.

Someone else needs to organize July and August, or I will just cancel those meetings.
I don't want to be the sole person responsible for the venue reservation, organizing the speaker, updating the Meetup notice
or the website, marketing the meeting, remembering to bring the projector, power, screen, extension cords, or reminding you
all that we have a meeting.
I will not even be in town for the July meeting, and may or may not be at the August meeting.

--
2) June is most likely going to be another informal meeting where Michael Starch and others can  share cybersecurity tips.

--
3) The May 10th meeting will be at Du-Par's on Lake and Cordova, and the topic will be the SGVHAK rover.
JPL Open Source Rover build instructions.

I am not entirely sure about the speaker as I got a tentative agreement from the JPL employee who designed the rover,
but we have not completely confirmed it.  Regardless, Roger and Dave and I will be happy to talk about our experience
and might even bring in the prototypes.

Expect a pretty informal talk and a lot of Q&A.
https://www.meetup.com/SGVTech/events/zvpphlyxhbnb/

Lan