[SGVLUG] Running "locate" on a Local Machine-and-a Server?

Chime Hart via SGVLUG sgvlug at sgvlug.net
Fri Jun 22 20:13:54 PDT 2018

Hi All: Yesterday I asked about this on a blind linux list, had `absolutely no
I have a local machine, as well as another which is a server for storeage. We
have several mount points loaded so I can play mp3s-and-videos on my main
machine. Among remaining issues, sometimes when I run "sudo updatedb" says
something about /usr/bin/find, permission denuyed. But even more, I would like
to run a locate command to look for files on both machines. The 2nd machine is
connected through a Gateway. Can some1 please suggest a work around? Thanks so
much in advance
Chime