[SGVLUG] October LUG talk on making projects more open-source friendly

Lan Dang via SGVLUG sgvlug at sgvlug.net
Thu Aug 30 23:29:01 PDT 2018

Hi all,

It looks like the October 11th SGVLUG meeting will be at Du-Par's.  Everbridge was unable to accommodate us.

This is partly a survey to get some data for our speaker, and partly a SAVE THE DATE for any veteran open source contributors who want to add to the discussion.

The talk will be about best practices for open sourcing a project.   Our speaker was curious about the target audience, so he could tailor the talk accordingly.

My interest in this topic is literally about the process of growing an open source project and a community of core contributors beyond the original team.  I'm an IT professional with a programming background and an interest in community building.  I want to hear real word tips and stories about running or contributing to an open source project

How about you?  What is your interest and background?
If you contribute regularly to open source projects, come to the October LUG and share your stories.

Thanks,
Lan