[SGVLUG] Research Computing Intern opportunity at Harvey Mudd College

Lan Dang via SGVLUG sgvlug at sgvlug.net
Fri May 5 21:28:46 PDT 2017

Hi all,

A colleague passed this Harvey Mudd College listing to me.  It's a part-time 6-month gig running from May - October with the possibility of being extended.

As I understand the job description, it's about helping staff, faculty and students make the best use of the computing resources at their disposal, including high performance computing clusters and the cloud.  This, of course, requires a basic understanding of Unix-like operating systems, shell scripts, compilers, etc.

https://hmc.peopleadmin.com/postings/631

It seems like a great opportunity to get into high performance computing and scientific applications, if that's something you're interested in.  But definitely aimed at students or new grads.

Lan