[SGVLUG] OT: Call for volunteers for Intel ISEF 5/18 Education Outreach Day

Lan Dang via SGVLUG sgvlug at sgvlug.net
Fri May 5 20:59:36 PDT 2017

Hi all,

If you're at loose ends on Thursday, May 18th, consider volunteering for the Intel International Science Fair.  They have this big Education Outreach Day on May 18th with mobile classrooms and a STEM experience hall. They're busing in school groups from all over California to participate.

It's really amazing the amount of effort and volunteers it takes to put this event together.  Register and sign up for a shift on their volunteer form.  (Background check required.)  They need people between 7:30am and 4pm. The shifts are 4-4.5 hours.

https://societyforscience.volunteerhub.com/events/index

I'm looking at my schedule to see if I can take Thursday off to volunteer.  It would be fun to check out things from an insider's perspective.

Please spread the word, even if you can't volunteer.  I think it's really important to encourage STEM.

Thanks,

Lan