[SGVLUG] SamSung Galaxy Tab 4 (7 inch)

Nathan Haines nhaines at ubuntu.com
Wed Jan 4 19:02:34 PST 2017

On 01/04/2017 06:43 PM, Matthew Campbell wrote:
> Does anyone have a fun project they need a display for?  The Tab2 is
> old enough the dual 1.2Ghz processor doesn't cut it for interactive
> things.  A web browser, email or other use is fine.  It may be a good
> display for a ODB2 display in a car, a mobile music source, etc.

I don't think I'll grab it, because I can make do with my vent mount for
my phone for the time being, but Android Auto recently enabled on-device
(and generic external display) "auto" mode instead of requiring an
Android Auto-ready head unit.

The takeaway is that any phone or hot spot that an Android 5.0 tablet
can tether to will make a fine navigation system.  Getting Android 5.0
on a Samsung Tab 2 is left as an exercise for the reader (but if anyone
already has such a phone or tablet and a suitable mount, the Android
Auto app may be useful).

--
Nathan Haines
Ubuntu - http://www.ubuntu.com/