[SGVLUG] connecting fedora to att uverse

Claude Felizardo via SGVLUG sgvlug at sgvlug.net
Fri Apr 21 15:38:54 PDT 2017

So what do you get when you run /sbin/ifconfig and /sbin/route?  I don't recall if you will need to run this as root.  Try without first.

What we are looking for is an indication that your ethernet device was configured correctly and it got an IP from your modem/router.  Also try '/usr/bin/nslookup google.com' (without the quotes) so we can confirm that your DNS is set up correctly.

Claude