[SGVLUG] connecting fedora to att uverse

via SGVLUG sgvlug at sgvlug.net
Fri Apr 21 14:07:12 PDT 2017

(Apologies for the delayed reply)

"cannot get wire network connection via ATT Uverse modem."

I also have UVERSE

This may help (I use Debian, and connected via ethernet, then wifi:

http://mrflash818.livejournal.com/tag/att

"Used a wired connection to the ATT/Uverse gateway, logged into the
configuration via http://192.168.1.254 [1] (for my hardware, the
default passphase to log into the gateway is the 'device access
code.')"

I never had to play with any DNS settings or such. 'It just worked.'
All I had to play with were the WIFI settings, to use my own PSK WPA2
key.