[SGVLUG] Unix Video

Jess Bermudes via SGVLUG sgvlug at sgvlug.net
Sat Apr 1 16:22:13 PDT 2017

The AT&T Tech Channel that the video is hosted from is a treasure trove of
all sorts of old videos from AT&T and the Bell days.

Here's a short informational film that was produced to introduce people to
Bell's new "Dial Telephone Service":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaQm30DDHL8

And here's another video showing how the actual system at the central
office completed the calls:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZePwin92cI

Brian Kernighan has also done a couple of videos with the Youtube channel
"Computerphile" where he's talked a bit about his time at Bell and the
philosophy behind Unix pipelines:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzH6n4zXuckqZ90zLyy36qjO5YIn1RulG

Computerphile is also a pretty good channel in general. They have various
videos on different topics in Computer Science and makes a great resource
for people beginning their journey into CS.