[SGVLUG] Tomorrow Evening-and-Text Processing?

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Wed Sep 7 21:19:42 PDT 2016

On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 8:07 PM, Hart Larry <chime at hubert-humphrey.com> wrote:
> I really
> would like to install wp8 where I can search-and-replace to get rid of blank
> lines, or switch on reveal codes

I'm flying in from outer space a bit here, but
I suspect the talk will mention things like
  You can remove all blank lines with the command 'grep .'
  You can show control characters with the command 'cat -v'
:-)

If you're looking for a big environment, emacs is the granddaddy,
and is very screen-reader friendly, I hear.
See also http://blog.livecoding.tv/2016/05/23/10-best-text-editors-programming-2016/
(although some of the newest ones might be based on embedded web
browsers, and not very screen-reader friendly).