[SGVLUG] Reminder: SGVLUG Meeting this Thursday 11/10. Topic: GitHub Webhooks

Lan Dang l.dang at ymail.com
Mon Nov 7 18:14:43 PST 2016

Hi all,
Reminder that we have an SGVLUG meeting this Thursday.  Please RSVP on Meetup or with me.  Our host is providing food and drink, so it would be nice to give them a good estimate.
Also, I'm recovering from a cold, so I'm not sure how much of a voice I will have.  I need a couple of volunteers to emcee, make the announcements, go through Linux in the News, introduce our speaker, etc.

http://www.meetup.com/SGVTech/events/234893164/?from=ref
TIME: Thursday, November 10th, from 7pm to 9pmLOCATION: Everbridge Training Center, 790 E Colorado Blvd, Pasadena, CATOPIC: GitHub WebhooksSPEAKER: Christian Weber, GitHub Solutions Engineer
TOPIC:GitHub's webhooks are both powerful and flexible. Today we'll discuss using webhooks in some common, and not so common ways, from Pull Request driven infrastructure, to ChatOps driven CI, GitHub's webhooks provides you a myriad of ways to monitor and guide your Development Environments. We'll also discuss our robust API, and some data visualization techniques yielding from that data.BIO:Christian Weber is a Solutions Engineer at GitHub. Having spent the previous several years in finance doing various Dev and Ops related-things, Christian now spends his time focused on bringing GitHub and modern software tools into the Enterprise!

Lan