[SGVLUG] Linux laptops

Carlos of digitalRoots carlos at droots.org
Thu Mar 10 12:58:04 PST 2016

The laptop I'm running around with right now is a Lenovo Thinkpad T420. The
only thing that I have issue with is hibernation, but there is a firmware
update that should address this but I have not been able to get it to work
from booting off a flash drive and I cant install it via Windows (because I
dont have the OS) :/. But the kids might like that they have "420" laptops,
lol. I think it should even run PC-BSD, but I have not confirmed that yet.
Referbs should be easy to come by: i5 w/ 8GB of Mem $319
http://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-Thinkpad-T420-Certified-Refurbished/dp/B00W4AMWCI

Hope that helps.