[SGVLUG] Linux laptops

Braddock Gaskill braddock at braddock.com
Thu Mar 10 12:25:17 PST 2016

"inexpensive" definitely limits the options, but 14" System 76 laptops
start at $650 which isn't too bad and assembled in the USA.

But to echo what Scott said, I do almost all of my work on Linux, but
it is Linux running fullscreen in VMWare on the Macbook provided by my
employer.  The experience is usually quite seamless, and would
certainly be easier for students to install and get running than a
risky re-partitioning.

-braddock