[SGVLUG] Linux laptops

Dustin Laurence dllaurence at dslextreme.com
Thu Mar 10 11:01:09 PST 2016

It looks like I may be able to influence some laptop purchases at the
boys' school--but unfortunately, it's a last minute deal I have to move
on right away, and I doubt I'll have time to research the current
generation of laptops.  Fortunately, I suspect a few of you may have
bought a laptop recently.

I would like to identify current windows laptops that will dual-boot
Linux well (for some of the kids who are interested in programming and
real computer knowledge) without confusing the windows users (everybody
else) who don't know what dual-boot means. They should be inexpensive,
but not to the point of being cheap junk that will overheat if you do
something more challenging than read email. The goal, obviously, is to
have computers that are useful for the kids who want to have a 'coding
club' and learn real things as well as for what the teachers come up with.

Anyway, suggestions welcome.

Dustin