[SGVLUG] Emacs class at NullSpaceLabs this Saturday

Braddock Gaskill braddock at braddock.com
Sat Jun 4 14:32:33 PDT 2016

I gotta say a dozen years of Emacs key bindings gave me carpal tunnel
in both hands.  Immediately switching to vim and a GoldTouch ergo
delayed the surgeries five more years.

But Emacs was always a better debugging IDE for C code than VIM (which
takes some misguided pride in NOT being an IDE).

Today I cannot resist the autocomplete darkside of KDevelop for C/C++,
Eclipse for Java, PyCharm for Python, and vim for the odd config file
over ssh.

-braddock