[SGVLUG] from Cheryl Johnson

Cheryl Johnson jcheryl763 at dslextreme.com
Sun Feb 14 17:29:29 PST 2016

I like her sense of humor and the way she thinks.
The tech stuff I took notes on would be easy peasy for you SGVLGs, but I
wrote it down so I could know the correct fonts, text, formats etc. It would
be hell for me to figure out all I took notes on this morning. Since I
normally read about 500 pages a day, this book took me like an hour of my
time, and showed me dos and don'ts I will not have to learn the hard way, if
I pay attention to the advice. I will not be writing, but rather
editing/proofreading, and use of the computer is really new to me, excepting
for checking my mail :) She talks about dragging things from WORD [which I
am just learning], and putting them on other programs, for instance. I
figure both the relative dating of the book, and her own possible motives
for transparency [which may be influenced by her own company], but will not
be stopping here for my research. This was a freebe to me, because I pay
$10. a month for Kindle Unlimited and it was only one of 30 books I read
every month for that $10.
Most people aren't as versed as you on the subject, nor have access to pick
your brain, and are sadly bumbling along the trail of misery she kindly
prevents. As you said, $3. well spent for anyone. Just for the chain of
events she describes, which make such sense out of the process of getting a
book sold, as she puts it, it sounds easy [and it really does, the way she
puts it in order], but we are not the one who had to figure it all out the
hard way [she was]. I think with this simple redition in mind, more updated
or detailed books on the subject would be more palatable. Like reading an
outline of the process, before going into the beefier details, it helps you
see where you are going. So you don't get lostttttt.......

Cheri