[SGVLUG] from Cheryl Johnson

Nathan Haines nhaines at ubuntu.com
Sun Feb 14 15:58:28 PST 2016

On 02/14/2016 01:49 PM, Cheryl Johnson wrote:
> I just read in one sitting a marvelous book that I must recommend to all
> my writer friends. It seems to be only in kindle, but perhaps you can
> finish it quick at a public library. I took 4 pages of notes, and I have
> NO intention of writing. I was more interested in building a web-site
> and some of the tech help she offered. I intend to go to her web-site
> next. Incidentally, I have read everything else she has written, loved
> it all, and that's what encouraged me to read this book. I cannot
> believe how much info I got in just one morning! Please look into it
> yourself, and let me know what you think.
> Love,
> Cheri

You forgot the link to the book, which is http://amzn.to/244bHXr

I haven't read it, but publishing electronically via Kindle Direct
Publishing is really, really simple.  For any short story writers out
there, I will note that selling two titles at $2.99 will earn you $4,
making back any investment on a $2.99 "how-to publish" book.

Looking at the table of contents, I'll mention that anything related to
popular genres and cover designs, promotional strategies (Kindle
Unlimited didn't exist then and has had two major changes since its
introduction), blogging, marketing, or podcasting are guaranteed to be
out of date.  But the general process of preparing a book or story to
make it for sale at Amazon *ought* to be sound.

It's an interesting (but simple) process that I didn't go into much
detail on during my talk, but Amazon has helpful guides and many authors
have found writing these little how-tos profitable, as many readers like
that look behind the scenes.  (I know I loved reading the guide I found
two years ago.)

--
Nathan Haines
Ubuntu - http://www.ubuntu.com/