[SGVLUG] DHCP Errrors Instead of a Login?

Hart Larry chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Mon Apr 18 19:48:05 PDT 2016

Well, after 4days of looking for a solution, I thought I would ask here? Friday
morning we had a power-hit which knocked my Debian machine off-the-air. When I
tried booting, I get 5 looping lines of dhcp errors, which seem to never end. In
attempting to lookup how to interactively boot, says something about hitting
"escape". Well, typing an escape leaves me with no speech, since I run a
screen-reader. So can some1 please inform how to best get past these errors? No,
I may not have or can find any live CDs. If its easier, we can get on the phone,
otherwise, thanks in advance for your suggestions. Useing a windows Vista
laptop, and a telnet logged in a shell is not quite so enjoyable.
Hart
Sherman Oaks