[SGVLUG] SGVLUG 20 Years Old in November

Janet Reinhold janet at futurepkg.com
Mon Jan 19 15:40:09 PST 2015

Not sure what Scale is, as I am too new to even have come to a regular
meeting yet. In fact I may need someone to pick up the capsule from our shop
in Covina. You could display it, perhaps - it could be fun? And yes, if you
decided not to do one as a group, you could certainly raffle it off for some
$. I've found that some people really really want these, while others are
'ho hum' about them.

Saw the Simpsons/Futurama episode over the weekend; I would suggest no
half-eaten pb & j sandwiches such as Bart put in the one for Springfield!

In general, paper & the like fares better over time in storage than digital
media, physically, but I think it may be fun to put a small media player
inside along with any media, with instructions.

For display, sometimes the real thing is not entertaining enough. For the
Disneyland time capsule we did, they chose to show a 'time castle' which was
actually not the real thing, but it did capture the imagination better,
perhaps. One customer several years back put into one of our real time
capsules a hollowed-out monitor, filled with paper messages and such - it
had to have been fun to do.

Janet