[SGVLUG] Upcoming Meetings: Ansible, Docker, and ....

Lan Dang l.dang at ymail.com
Wed Apr 29 23:00:15 PDT 2015

Hi all,

Du-Pars seems to be a good bet as a steady venue. They offered a larger dining room, which they can configure to our need. They also have a projection screen in a back office that they can mount on the wall. We'll have to bring our own projector, which is not a problem.

For the May meeting, however, we are going with OpenX.  I will send out another email with the details.

Since we're heading into summer, I'd like to see if people would be interested in another SGVLUG BBQ or party of some sort.  It has been at my house the past couple of years.  I'm okay with hosting it again if there is interest, but I will need some party co-organizers.  Work seems determined to drive me crazy for the next few months, so I don't have the time to organize this on my own.

This is what I know about speakers/events for the rest of the year.  I'm not sure about the November meeting as the 20th anniversary actually falls on Nov 11th, and I'm not sure when our event is scheduled.

May 14 - Ansible (Andrew Hamilton)
Jun 11 - Docker (Dan Isla)
Jul  9 - ???? (????)  - not confirmed yet
Aug 13 - open
Sep 10 - open
Oct  8 - open
Nov 12 - ??? SGVLUG anniversary event?
Dec 10 - open

While we can probably fill the docket with people talking about cloud and other technologies, I would like to balance it with topics that might be more interesting to newcomers to Linux or to people who don't work in those particular fields.

I think we should have a meeting that is just 5-10 minute talks on everyday use of Linux--things you do for yourself, not work.  This could be video editing, photography, playing video games, borrowing ebooks from the library, managing podcasts, playing movies, etc.

Lan