[SGVLUG] Tempting 12TB FreeNAS storage box on Amazon Warehouse, $1116.74

Scott Packard spackard at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 08:33:23 PDT 2015

A FreeNAS box with 12TB capacity, new $1625, one used via Amazon
Warehouse for $1116.74.

Seems like a decent deal for a plug-n-play solution.  IX Solutions
takes FreeNAS and puts it in a ready-to-work product.  Seems to offer
some free training with it.

I'm not sure how many of you work with zfs.  Most of the time I work
with it via CLI only,
so it can be a bit of a learning curve that way.  If somebody can
successfully hide
it with a good GUI it would be better.  I don't know how well FreeNAS
has been able to hide
it with their GUI, but it seems for the last year or two a lot of
FreeNAS fans are posting
opinions on Slickdeals, so it would seem to be popular (moreso than Nexenta).

Regards, Scott