[SGVLUG] Call for Speakers

Lan Dang l.dang at ymail.com
Wed Sep 17 22:22:58 PDT 2014

Hi all,

As you might have heard at the last meeting, our October speaker had to reschedule because of work travel.

We really seem to be having a hard time lining up speakers this year.  Thank you so much to all the LUG members who stepped in to share something cool during the monthly meetings.   This month, Henry led an interesting discussion on security and authentication mechanisms, which was a little over my head, but I still learned a lot.

Can someone step up and commit to presenting in October?  The next meeting is October 9th.  Remember, you don't have to do a full presentation.  We can do a few mini-presentations.  I just want to advertise them early, so people who are interested in these topics will know to show up.

As for other months, I have to confirm our speaker for November, and I think our October speaker might be able to speak in December.

I recall a request last year to leave some meetings open for people who want to practice their talks for SCALE.  I strongly encourage you to get in touch with us now, so we can put you on the calendar.

Lan