[SGVLUG] MDADM support

John Kreznar jek at ininx.com
Fri Oct 24 05:22:19 PDT 2014

It is written:

> I've been using Netgear ReadyNAS boxes for several years now and they
> pretty much do everything automatically such as adding new devices,
> repartitioning, swapping drives, etc, without me having to monitor
> progress and issue the next set of mdadm commands each time.

> [...]

Really nice functionality in this ReadyNAS box, it appears.

However, it's contrary to the spirit of FOSS.  The same functionality
could be gained with a software program running on an existing computer.
No additional hardware required, and if it's FOSS you have more
visibility into what it's actually doing.

The same can be said for firewalls with multiple ethernet cards.

--
OpenPGP key: http://ininx.com
 John E. Kreznar jek at ininx.com 9F1148454619A5F08550 705961A47CC541AFEF13