[SGVLUG] Amateur High Altitude Ballooning Talk at SGVLUG 11/13

Lan Dang l.dang at ymail.com
Fri Nov 7 22:59:37 PST 2014

Hi all,

If you haven't been paying attention to the website or Meetup or the calendar, this is a reminder that SGVLUG meets next Thursday, November 13th, 7-9pm.  We'll be at our usual location in the glassed-in banquet room at Burger Continental.  Dinner will be at 7.  The talk will probably begin around 8pm.

Next week, Arko from Nullspace Labs will be giving a talk about their experiments with amateur high altitude ballooning.   Please pass the word around.  And if you are on Meetup, please RSVP to the event.  We want people to know that our meetings  are generally well attended.

WEBSITE: http://www.sgvlug.org
MEETUP: http://www.meetup.com/SGVTech/events/215497372/

TOPIC: Amateur High Altitude Ballooning
PRESENTER: Arko
LOCATION: Burger Continental, 535 S Lake Ave, Pasadena, CA, 91101

ABSTRACT:

This talk will cover the stories and engineering challenges faced by the Null
Space Labs High Altitude Ballooning team and how they designed, analyzed, and
flew hardware and software to survive the harsh conditions of near space.
Recent flights include CUBEX, a payload capable of live image transmission,
solar changing, power management, and position reporting, as well as the
HABEXpico flight which flew half way across the United States.

Lan