[SGVLUG] Ride to SCALE tomorrow morning?

Dustin Laurence dllaurence at dslextreme.com
Fri Feb 21 12:13:06 PST 2014

On 02/21/2014 10:53 AM, Henry B Hotz wrote:

> Don't get me wrong, I'm glad *a* public transit system exists, but how
> long does all this take?

Public transit in LA has always taken me far longer than a car trip,
even with parking and logistics on the end. Maybe twice the time if you
can use the train directly, and three or four times if you take a bus?
Not sure. I avoid it except for situations like avoiding parking a car
for a long period at the airport when I don't have a ride to get there.

> (Also, why doesn't Metrorail get you all the way to the airport?

I once observed the same thing--logic would dictate a train station
built into the airport itself. believe I was told that the reason is
protection for the vanpool industry. Governments don't make decisions
based on the utility of you little people, the make decisions based on
the utility of businesses big enough or well-connected enough to lobby
effectively, and local politics seems to have dictated the particular
situation in LA.

Dustin