[SGVLUG] computer history museum

Jess Bermudes jbermudes at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 18:37:44 PDT 2013

If you ever want to see the world's oldest operating electronic stored
program computer, there's a video of Harwell Dekatron computer, a computer
built in 1949 that uses these neat Dekatron decimal counting vacuum tubes
that light up as the volatile memory at the Bletchley Park National Museum
of Computing on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvDUDGiL9EQ

I've also heard that they sell in their giftshop PCB versions of the WWII
German Enigma machines that you can assemble. To learn how Enigma worked,
the Youtube channel Numberphiles did a neat show and tell of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2_Q9FoD-oQ