[SGVLUG] Notes about upcoming meetings

Lan Dang l.dang at ymail.com
Thu Oct 10 09:54:50 PDT 2013

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that we tentatively have speakers lined up through January.  I am being vague because nothing is solid until I have a blurb in hand.

Also, Michael and Steven have been making noises about a talk on the 7 deadly sins of programmers, or the 9 circles of programmer hell.

November 14- The JPL Big Data talk was rescheduled to November.
December 12- Another JPL talk, topic TBD
January 9- OLPC talk, tentative
February 13 - Programmer hell? (Steven & Michael)
Feb 21-23 - SCALE
March 13 - ?

Anyone planning on presenting at SCALE?  The Call for Papers deadline is Dec 15th.  We can also think about whether the LUG wants to do anything for SCALE like have a booth or a BoF.

Lan